Looking For A Job?
by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
My name is Fr. Willy Crespo and I am the interim rector of St. Alban’s Episcopal
Church. We are looking for a part time organist or piano competent player to help us
with our Sunday worship service. This person should be familiar with Episcopal
music, our liturgy and seasons within the church and our holidays. We ask that this
individual work Sundays from 9-11:00 a.m. every Sunday with an occasional service
midweek during special holidays (and for which they will receive additional
compensation ). We would like this person to help us with our small amateur choir to
coordinate, teach, guide and practice the musical selections for the week on Sundays
from 9:00-9:30 a.m. prior to the service. We will pay $900.00 a month with some
flexibility upwards for experience. Our organ is a 2 manual unit pipe organ by L.W.
Blackinton and Associates. If you know of someone who might be interested in this
position would you kindly have them call me at 858-354-6799 or email me
La Jolla United Methodist Church
6063 La Jolla Blvd.
La Jolla, CA 92037
Allen Digital Computer Organ, 4-Manual, Allen MDS Expander II (“MIDI”)
Pianos (3) Sanctuary, Chapel and Choir Room
Plan and perform organ music necessary for Weekly worship service. Prelude,
offertory, postlude, accompaniment of Chancel Choir and Soloists,
congregational singing and responses.
Expertise and knowledge of traditional and modern organ literature.
Capable to accompany the choir on organ or piano.
Ability to perform different styles of music.
Must be able to sight-read music of moderate difficulty.
Familiarity with electronic keyboards and sequencing devices a plus.
Music degree from accredited school of music.
One service Sunday morning 10:00 AM (choir practices at 9:30 AM).
Thursday evening choir rehearsal 7:00 – 8:30 PM.
Two half-day choir retreats annually.
Capable to run sectional rehearsals.
Perform with the choir at 3 concerts per year.
Coach soloists and small ensembles when necessary.
6-8 hours per week.
Available for seasonal services (Advent, Holy Week)
Negotiable dependent on proficiency and professional experience, $55-$65/hr.
Send cover letter and resume, to Robert Wuertz, Music Director
Part-Time Accompanist Position
Bethlehem Lutheran Church is seeking a part-time accompanist. Bethlehem takes particular joy in our music program and welcomes all people and a variety of musical styles. The part-time accompanist would play our 2 manual, 7 rank Moller pipe organ or Kawai piano during some of our Sunday morning worship services, enabling congregational participation in singing hymns. They will also accompany the choir & soloists as scheduled, and play for occasional special services – Midweek Lenten services, Holy Week services, funerals, and weddings (extrancompensation received for funerals and weddings). There is another part-time organist with whom the schedule will be shared. Proficiency on piano is a must, and ability to play organ is highly desired. Knowledge of Lutheran hymnody also highly desired, but not required. The part-time accompanist is invited, but not required, to work collegially with the pastors and music director in the planning of worship and hymn selection.
Bethlehem is an open and affirming community with a dedication to welcome and inclusivity.
• Must speak and write English fluently
• Must be skilled on piano and organ, and able to play a variety of musical styles.
• A person of faith (Christian preferred, but not necessary), whose understanding of God helps guide how they live in the world.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Plans/plays prelude & postlude, as well as hymns chosen by worship planning committee for Sunday morning worship services (9:00 & 10:30 AM), based on agreed schedule.
• Plays for special, non-Sunday morning services like Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Christmas Eve, Wednesday Lenten services, funerals, and weddings. Additional
compensation received for funerals and weddings.
• Accompanies weekly Wednesday night choir rehearsals, as well as choir performances on selected Sunday mornings, and two concerts a year.
• Coordinates scheduling with Director of Music and other part-time organist.
• Rehearses on your own, during the week, as needed, at home and on church instruments.
• Extra rehearsals, when scheduled, before concerts, choir retreat, etc.
• Maintains a music library that consists of a broad range of styles appropriate for use in different worship settings.
• Opportunity for increased responsibility over time.
Please send your resume and any other materials to Mona Goetsch, Director of Music: email@example.com
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Facilitate and encourage congregational singing by preparing and leading hymns and songs in consultation and collaboration with the pastoral and music staff.
- Accompany choir warm-up and run-through prior to the Sunday morning service in preparation for choir and congregational singing
- Select and prepare liturgically appropriate organ preludes and postludes each week
- Play for extra services throughout the church year, such as during Christmas season, Lent, Holy Week, and Advent, among others.
- Rehearse with Sanctuary Choir on Monday evenings
- Occasionally accompany Children's and Youth Choirs on Sunday mornings
- Play for memorial services and weddings in consultation with families (extra compensation provided)
Accompanist skills and requirements:
- Advanced skill, experience, and familiarity with organ performance
- Proficient sight reading and accompaniment skills for various choral, ensemble, soloist, and congregational singing
- Experience and proficiency with piano and organ accompaniment, as well as solo instrumental performance
- A clear understanding that the music supports the worship, and is not independent of the worship
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Music with an emphasis in organ/keyboard studies, OR private organ study and equivalent experience
- Experience leading congregational singing of traditional hymns (organ) and contemporary songs (piano/electric keyboard) and collaboration with instrumentalists
- Knowledge and familiarity with Lutheran liturgy and service music
- Familiarity with Spanish is a plus
- Must bring to the position and enthusiastic energy which encourages the choir, ensembles, and congregation to sing with praise
- Must have a calling to church music leadership and a pleasant attitude of collaboration with pastoral and music staff
Salary: Commensurate with experience
About Clairemont Lutheran:
As a community of faith, the members of Clairemont Lutheran Church / Iglesia Luterana Clairemont are called to include all people
seeking a relationship with Jesus, regardless of age, economic status, ethnic background, physical or mental ability, sexual orientation, immigration status or marital status. We gather as one congregation, worshiping in two languages, celebrating many cultures. We affirm that in Christ “There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female.” (Galatians 3:28)
About our organ:
Specifications for our 40-rank Schantz pipe organ can be found here.
For application information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the church office 858-273-7423
Job Opening: Organist, Trinity United Presbyterian Church, Santa Ana, CA
25-30 hours per week, with possibility of F/T with benefits. Salary commensurate with ability, credentials, and experience. Interim sought; permanent available.
Phelps pipe organ, 3 manuals, 54 ranks, 45 stops.
Position description: Looking for a skilled, versatile, and creative Christian organist/keyboardist with a passion for and ability to work with large ministry team and lead in uplifting worship in all musical styles, and who is an accomplished choral accompanist.
- Play organ (as well as piano, synthesizer, and harpsichord) for two weekly Sunday morning worship services in "blended" style (both traditional and contemporary elements), offering uplifting and artistic renditions of preludes, postludes, hymns, choir accompaniments, and piano/keyboard playing in worship bands (must be able to improvise from lead sheets).
- Create and play transitional and underscoring music to enhance the flow of worship services.
- Accompany adult choir rehearsals each week (with occasional weekend retreat). Support the director by leading sectional rehearsals and working with soloists as needed.
- Play for special services of the church year and occasional churchwide events.
- Play for multiple choir and instrumental concerts/services per year, plus related special rehearsals.
- Play for weddings, funerals, and unusual special services (ordinations, installations, retirement celebrations, etc.), recitals, extended rehearsal/performance schedules for staged musicals, etc, with additional compensation provided.
- Manage the maintenance of the organ and other keyboard instruments.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree or greater in music. Minimum of 5 years' experience as church organist/musician. Experience in and love for blended worship.
For more information, or to apply, contact:
Jane Downs, Associate Minister of Worship
Trinity United Presbyterian Church
13922 Prospect Ave.
Santa Ana, CA 92705
$45.00 - $48.00 Per Hour
2 - 5 years
The part-time Organist/Pianist provides a solid accompaniment in Worship Services, enabling congregational participation in song. Accompanies the Choir & Soloists, (Brass and Orchestra
when scheduled) for all services, rehearsals and handles music arrangements for memorial services and weddings as scheduled (extra compensation received for memorials and weddings). 10-12hr/wk (additional hours outlined below).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides/plays prelude, interlude, postlude and hymn music for weekly Sunday morning worship services.
- Plays for special worship services (i.e. Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday & Christmas Eve). Extra rehearsals, when scheduled, before concerts (i.e. Monday evenings, Saturdays).
- Accompanies weekly Thursday night rehearsals for choir.
- Rehearses on your own, during week, as needed, at home and on church Organ
- Occasionally fills in for Choir Director for rehearsals and Sunday Services, when needed.
- Maintains the Organ, and works with church administration to make sure the Organ is kept in good operating order.
- Maintains a music library, to have a LJPC’s disposal, a broad range of different styles appropriate for use, if requested, by staff for services and events.
- Provides accompaniment for special events when requested (i.e. Children’s Choirs, Chancel Choir concert performances, congregational events requiring music).
- Conferences with staff and congregants for Memorial Services and Weddings via email/phone/in person, given first opportunity to play for these.
- Arranges for substitute Organist to play when regular Organist away on vacation/sick other leave.
Must speak and write English fluently.
Other job related requirements:
A devoted follower of Jesus Christ, who desires to glorify God through their musical talents.
For further information, contact Michelle Whitney, Exec Assistant to Pastor at 858-729-5504.
Incarnation Lutheran Church is currently seeking an organist for our traditional worship service at 11:00am on Sunday Mornings. Our organ is a 187 Bond instrument with a two manual console, 17 stops, and 20 ranks of pipes. Our congregation has a long history of excellent music expressed through our musicians, choirs, congregational singing, instrumental ensembles, and soloists.
We are looking for an organist who will work collaboratively and creatively with ILC’s Director of Music. Our new organist would be responsible for both preludes and postludes as well as leading the congregation in hymns and liturgies on Sunday mornings. Additionally, we have an adult choir which meets on Thursday evenings from September through June. Anthems are provided each Sunday during this timeframe. Piano or organ accompaniment would be required for the adult choir.
Incarnation Lutheran seeks a musician to help us experience and celebrate God’s gifts of grace in worship. Please submit questions and/or your resume to Beckie Steller, Director of Music, at email@example.com or call the church office at 858-487-2225.